Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Suspicious Minds

Hey,
i was wondering what can u do if your boyfriend thinks you cheated on him, because he heard something from another person and he will not talk to you?

my friend was hanging out with me and now her boyfriend thinks that i helped her cheat on him with one of my best friends. She loves her boyfriend but he won’t even listen to her, any advice?

From Samantha


Dear Samantha,
What kind of man is prepared to believe another persons spiteful gossip and hearsay without being at least also prepared to listen and talk it over with his girlfriend?

Even in the court systems of the world, which are considered the ‘lowest of the low’ amongst extraterrestrials from other systems, the defendant is usually allowed to present their case before being found guilty. Your unfortunate friend has been ‘presumed guilty’.

This man is a dinosaur, an anomaly trapped like a small, wriggly, sticky, struggling thing in amber.

If I had my way he would be soundly punished, and I have many, many ideas (write me privately, dear), but alas I may not give advice of this nature publicly.

I would council you to invite this irritating bloke to an informal meeting. At it should be gathered yourself, your friend’s self, and the self of the erstwhile ‘boyfriend’. Also, the other selves involved, being the gossip(s), the best friend she was supposed to have cheated with and any other guilty or innocent bystanders who need to be called as witnesses. By carefully questioning these gathered people the truth shall be revealed. Have you ever read or watched a ‘Miss Marple’ mystery? Like that.

Of course, no-one might co-operate.

And then, it might end in a fight, leading to an unseemly fracas and one of those large industrial-sized police vehicles coming to take you all in.

It happened once long ago at a party a friend of mine held. It was at a nice house with a hedged garden. A few people tried to escape through the back of the house when the police came, but unfortunately alcohol is a wicked trap, and several people were discovered struggling weakly in the hedges, snared by the foliage and unable to escape. You need to watch for things like that.

Sometimes people are nasty and use excuses such as this to finish a relationship. Cowards such as these are best forgotten, or there’ll be tears before bedtime! After having said all that, whatever the outcome, don’t any of you girls and boys stay with people who don’t respect you. You deserve better – I know I do!

Best – Wotta Tripp

PS. Did she cheat? You can email me privately, then I’ll do a poll and we’ll see if our readers can get it right!

PPS. I had another friend once who told me “If you love someone, let them go. If they are yours they will come back to you. If they don’t, hunt them down and kill them”. Mind you, I always felt that was a little extreme, and I don’t advise it unless you are over 93 and have not much left to lose.

2 comments:

JV said...

totally agree, great advice!
J

Mharms said...

hi tnx for d comment this evening..this is my reply:
yes..the healthier the food students eat in school, it will help them to do better in their studies