Friday, June 27, 2008

Time To Join The Real World, Baby

Dear Dame Wotta,

Every misfortune has befallen my husband Dean and I since we moved to the city.

We have been robbed twice, lost our jobs and ended up on social assistance. Our pets both died within a month of each other. I myself have become ill with a rare disease. My husband has developed diabetes and has become prone to inexplicable rages.

Today I found out the old family home just burned down back east. All I can do is sit and cry. Dean and I fight all the time now. We become so irritated with each other; I swear we’ll kill each other if this goes on. What can we do??

Hopeless in the city


Well, Hopeless (what a pretty name, is it Navajo or something similar?), you could kill each other and both go to jail right now, couldn’t you?
But that would render the entire exercise useless, as you are both depressed in the first place because you have no life. Right? Am I right?
Very few people actually do have lives on this prison planet. May I suggest that you both grow up?
Take anti-depressants and speed-walk like everybody else. Try to fit in.
There are many part-time menial jobs with no benefits available. What if you took two each? This will give you little time to dwell on your woes, and perhaps later on when you are both a little more responsible, you could get a suitable city pet, such as a hamster, as an indoor animal companion.

Never give up! - Wotta Tripp

No comments: